Sweet Pumpkin Pie with Orange and Cinnamon Cookies
A delicious fall recipe for
sweet pumpkin pie,
combining a rich pumpkin filling with a base made from Orange and Cinnamon Cookies. A delightful taste that stands out.
What we will need:
For the base:
- 85 gr. butter
- 160 gr. Orange and Cinnamon Cookies
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the filling:
- 750 gr. seedless pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 140 gr. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, optional
- 2 eggs
- 25 gr. melted butter
- 175 ml milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the pumpkin by peeling it, removing the seeds and cutting it into small pieces.
- For the base, melt the butter in a saucepan, crumble the Orange and Cinnamon Cookies and mix them into the melted butter. Spread the mixture evenly in a tart pan and press it neatly so that there are no gaps. Afterward, place it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Then, boil the pumpkin in water for 15 minutes so that it softens. Drain well and let it cool.
- Next step is to increase the oven temperature to 220°C.
- When the pumpkin is cool, pass it through a strainer to make a puree and pour it into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Then, in the same bowl, add the eggs, the remaining melted butter, milk, honey and mix them. Afterward pour the mixture into the bowl with the pumpkin puree and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto the base of the biscuits and bake for 10 minutes. Then, lower the oven temperature to 180°C and bake for another 35-40 minutes. The filling should have just thickened and have a very light and fluffy texture.
- Finally, let it cool and then place the pumpkin pie in the fridge for about half an hour to set completely.
- For serving, optionally add some whipped cream on top.