Discover our e-shop
. Free shipping on orders over 20 euro.
Lemon pie with carob carcass (fasting)
A delicious – Wonderful Lemon pie with carob rusks “Ntourountous” by Manos Dimitroulis!
What we will need:
For the lemon cream:
- 200 ml ice water
- 100 ml of vegetable milk
- 70 gr. crystalline stevia
- 4 tbsp. cornflour Grate
- 3-4 lemons
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a food processor, grind the Carob rusks well and pour it into a deep bowl.
- Beat the soaked dates with a little of their water until you get a paste.
- Add the almond butter, salt and honey and continue beating.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the grated cauliflower and mix well with your hands until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Spread the mixture by pressing well with your fingers in a tart pan 18 – 20 cm or in a round hoop or pan, taking care to give height to the walls of the tin.
- Once our base is ready, place it in the fridge until we make the cream.
- In a saucepan pour all the ingredients of the cream and mix well with a whisk until the cornflour dissolves. Turn the eye on medium to high heat and stir constantly with a whisk until our cream sets.
- After about 10 minutes it is ready! Fill our base, cover with cling film, and put it back in the fridge until the cream thickens.
- Unmold, garnish with thin slices of lemon and fresh mint.