Tzatziki with ouzo & legumes mini rusks
A delicious recipe for tzatziki with ouzo, the most delicious tzatziki you have ever tasted!
What we will need:
- 1 large cucumber dice
- 1 tbsp. ouzo
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped and finely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 fresh onions for garnish
- 1 cup dill, finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups strained yogurt
- 2 tbsp. e.p. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
It is ideally served with Ntourountous legumes mini rusks
- Wash the cucumber well, grate it on the grater from the thick side and leave it in a colander to drain well (alternatively, we can cut it into small cubes). Place the cucumber in a bowl.
- Put the garlic, vinegar, dill and onions in a blender. Beat until the ingredients are finely chopped and combined but not mashed. Add the mixture to the bowl with the grated cucumber. Pour the yogurt in the bowl and mix well, adding olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve on legumes or as we like, meat etc.
Store in the refrigerator for about a week.