It’s time for our favorite traditional spinach rice served with Sunflower seed breadsticks Ntourountous!
What we will need:
- 700 gr. fresh spinach
- 2 dried onions
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 230 gr. glutinous rice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 leek the white part
- 500gr. water
- 1 cube of vegetables or aromatic veggies
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 1/3 bunch dill
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 1 tomato grated (optional) or a tablespoon of pulp
- Sunflower seed breadsticks Ntourountous
- In a wide (casserole) saucepan put olive oil and chop the chopped onion like the leek and sauté over medium to high heat.
- Then add the spinach (which we have washed and dried well) in portions until we put it all to wither and lower its liquids after first salting it.
- Add the rice, nutmeg and then add the cube and water. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat after tasting the rice and salt, if it is almost ready then add the chopped chives, dill, parsley, a little olive oil, lemon juice and zest.
- Cover again with the lid and let the liquids drain for 10 minutes.
- Served with feta or yogurt and Sunflower seed breadsticks Ntourountous