Pepper dip with Garlic Toasted Bread
A very tasty pepper dip that goes perfectly with Garlic & Gruyere Cheese Toasted Bread! A recipe by Vassilis Patsis!
What we will need:
- 3 large red peppers cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon + 3 tablespoons olive oil separated
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Za’atar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon boukovo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- a handful of fresh chopped parsley
- Toasted Bread with Garlic & Gruyere Cheese
Watch the video
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with oil paste and set aside.
- Grate the red peppers with a teaspoon of olive oil and put them in the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned and puffy in some places.
- Once they come out of the oven, transfer the peppers to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 200 degrees. Spread the walnuts in a separate pan and bake for 7-9 minutes. Be sure to watch them closely as they can burn easily. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Peel a squash, grate it and put it in a food processor bowl. Add the garlic cloves, the rest of the olive oil, the lemon zest, the lemon juice, the cumin, the paprika, the cayenne pepper, the salt and the walnuts that have already cooled. Process until smooth, but still thick.
- Try for seasoning and add if needed. Place the dip in a bowl and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and a few pieces of walnut.
- Serve with Toasted Bread with Garlic & Gruyere Cheese