Mushrooms with Wine and Crumbs from Barley Bites
An enjoyable recipe with mushrooms that will fascinate you, by Vassilis Patsis!
What we will need:
- 500 gr. mushrooms white, lentinula, brown or (assorted of your choice)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large glass of good red wine
- Fresh oregano or thyme leaves
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1/4 cup crumb nut
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Traditional Barley Bites
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy casserole dish. Add the mushrooms and salt and sauté over high heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring, until the mushrooms lose their moisture and take on color.
- Then add the chopped spring onions together with the garlic, bring a couple of turns and quench with the wine, add sprigs of fresh oregano or thyme, let the wine evaporate and add vegetable broth just enough to cover the stalks and leave it to cover, about 15 minutes to evaporate the liquids and set the sauce.
- Add if you want chopped parsley and mix. Sprinkle with the Ntourountous crumbs and freshly ground pepper, turn off the heat and serve.