Chicken soup with vegetables
The ideal comfort chicken soup with vegetables and Multi-Grain Toasted Bread Ntourountous for the cold days! A recipe by Vassilis Patsis!
What we will need:
- 1 medium Chicken
- 4 medium potatoes whole, peeled
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp. chopped chives
- 2 sprigs of celery cut into small pieces
- 1 cup celery root, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Multi-Grain Toasted Bread Ntourountous
- Wash the chicken well and clean it of excess fat. Put it in a pot with water to cover it and let it boil. Skim it for as long as needed. Let it boil for about 20 minutes in total.
- Add the potatoes, the carrots cut into slices, the onion into small pieces, the celery, the celery root, the oil and continue cooking for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, add salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken and potatoes with a slotted spoon on a plate. Remove the bones and skin (which we throw away) from the chicken and cut it into cubes. We also cut the potatoes into cubes. Transfer the chicken and potato cubes back to the boiling pot.
Take a small amount of the ingredients of the pot, mash them in the blender and return them to the pot. Add the spinach, boil for another 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve the hot soup on the plates, garnishing with chopped chives and Multi-Grain Toasted Bread Ntourountous.