Discover our e-shop
. Free shipping on orders over 20 euro.
Cheesecake with Ntourountous Traditional Sfakian Carob Rusks & Chili Jam
A delicious savory cheesecake recipe with Ntourountous Traditional Sfakian Carob Rusks
& Chili Jam..by the hand of Manos Dimitroulis!
What we will need:
For the base:
For the cheese layer:
- 300 gr. katiki DOMOKOS
- 10 chopped mint leaves
- Salt – Pepper
For the jam layer:
- 4 Florin peppers
- 200 g of honey
- 1/2 tbsp. ginger powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4kg chilli powder or half a chilli pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 50 ml white vinegar
- In a food processor, beat the Carob Rusks until it becomes powder.
- Add the flaxseed eggs and the soaked dates along with a little of their water and beat until you get a paste.
- In a round form with removable sides or in a hoop about 15 cm, pour the carob mixture and press well with your hands to get a solid base.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, the chopped Mint, the salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the base. Flatten the surface with a spoon.
- In a food processor, beat all the ingredients of the jam well, except the honey.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add the honey, mix well and simmer for about another half an hour or until our jam thickens.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Spread a small amount over the layer of cheese and store the rest in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Cookies allow a number of functions that enhance your better navigation on our website.