Discover our e-shop
. Free shipping on orders over 20 euro.
Carrot Meatballs with Ntourountous toasted bread with oil and oregano
If not the king of the meze, certainly in the royal family. Probably the ideal meze for when you ask for something delicious to accompany your beer and wine, for snacking with your friends.
It is impossible to eat only one. It goes incredibly well with yogurt or tzatziki.
For our carrot meatballs we used Toasted Bread with Oil and Oregano.
What we will need:
- 7 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 grated zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated Sfakian Toasted Bread with Oil and Oregano
- 3/4 cup of kefalotyri tea or kefalograviera
- half a bunch of mint or parsley
- Salt, Pepper
- seed oil or sunflower oil for frying
- Wash the carrots, clean them and grate them on the thick side of the grater together with the zucchini. Sprinkle with a little salt, put them in the colander and let them drain well.
- Then we squeeze them in our palms and throw them in a deep bowl. Peel the onion, grate it, squeeze it and put it in the bowl with the zucchini.
- Add the egg, cheese, mint or parsley, toast, salt and a little freshly ground pepper.
- Mix with your hands until the ingredients are homogenous. If the mixture is not tight enough, add a little more toast.
- Place it covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour until it tightens and is easier to shape. Put flour in a deep dish.
- Shape medium-sized meatballs with the mixture and flour them. Then in a deep pan put plenty of sunflower oil and, after it burns, proceed to frying.
- After they are fried, place them on kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
Cookies allow a number of functions that enhance your better navigation on our website.