Salad with Fried Beetroot & Anchovies
The ultimate tsipouro appetizer. Once you try it, you will always take it out as a company with raki and beer. Easy, simple, Mediterranean, and delicious.
It is not to ask for much, after all. Simple ingredients that blend beautifully into our dish.
For our beetroot salad, we used toasted bread with oil & oregano Ntourountous.
What we will need:
- 600 gr. boiled beets and cut into cubes
- 2 cups beetroot leaves (tender)
- Or cup olive oil for frying
- 1 cup crumbs from toasted bread with oil & oregano Ntourountous.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil soup
- 2 cloves garlic in slices
- 1 ½ lemon (its juice and zest)1 chili pepper
- 3 -4 anchovies
- Salt Pepper
- Dry the beetroot slices on kitchen paper and fry them for 1-2 minutes.
- Put in the same pan the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, the anchovies, and the pepper and fry for 2 minutes.
- In a different pan put a little garlic, the breadcrumbs, and stir until golden.
- Mix the beets, their leaves, and the crumbs in a salad bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, mix well and serve.